The Ejura Government Hospital in the Ashanti Region has recorded a first case of delivery of Siamese twins.
According to health workers at the facility, they performed a caesarian section to remove the babies after the mother, 28 year old Asamawu Abdallah had undergone a similar surgery two years ago.
The babies, both females are conjoined to the abdomen.
The C-section, which started at about 6:30pm ended at 7:00pm Saturday evening.
Medical Superintendent at the Ejura Government Hospital, Dr. Mensah Manye, who confirmed the incident said the twins were receiving medical attention.
Dr. Manye indicated that he performed a more complicated case at the New Edubiase hospital in the Ashanti region five years ago.
He said the twins in that case shared vital organs like the heart and lungs, a condition he described as a very delicate one.
The mother is being monitored by health workers at the Ejura Government Hospital.
The babies will also be referred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) for a surgery to be conducted.
By: Hafiz Tijani/citinewsroom.com/Ghana
- Next story St. Francis College of Education graduates 255 new teachers
- Previous story “We can never forgive Nyantakyi”-Anita De-Soso to Wa- Naa
Quote of the Daymore Quotes
@OYEREPAFMTweets by @oyerepafm
- Republicans had been working on a 'compromise' plan, but the President called it a waste of time June 22, 2018For weeks, House Republican leaders have been working behind closed doors to thread the needle on an immigration bill that could secure the support of the bulk on their conference.
- Parents and lawyers find chaos at the border June 23, 2018Immigration attorneys say
- How 8 minutes of audio changed the debate June 22, 2018The sounds are unmistakable: Children sobbing. Hard. Begging to be allowed to see their parents, their aunt, a relative. And then crying again when told that isn't possible.
- Chris Cuomo calls out Fox News over migrant coverage June 23, 2018CNN's Chris Cuomo states his case for caring about the thousands of children separated from their families.
- Rubio heckled after touring shelter
- Dem: Trump order is 'unconstitutional' June 22, 2018President Donald Trump's executive order to keep undocumented immigrant parents and children together is "unconstitutional" and did not solve the family separation issue, Rep. David Cicilline said Friday.
- Trump ties himself into an impossible knot June 22, 2018President Donald Trump has taken almost every possible Republican position on immigration in the span of a week as he's tried to deal with the crisis he created of separating thousands of children from their parents at the border.
- Poppy Harlow responds to Trump's tweet June 22, 2018CNN's Poppy Harlow responds to President Trump who described recent accounts of separated families at the border as "phony stories."
- Netflix exec out after racial slurs in front of colleagues June 23, 2018A top Netflix executive has left the company after he used the N-word in front of colleagues on more than one occasion.
- DNA reveals a WWII veteran stole an 8-year-old's identity June 23, 2018He was a WWII veteran with a Purple Heart, a wife and three children. But in 1964, he vanished, moved across the country and later took the identity of an 8-year-old boy who had died years before.